Monday, May 20, 2013

I've Taken Up Quilting!

With paper, that is.

I became intrigued with quilt cards after seeing some on Pinterest.  (Take a look at my Quilt Cards board here.)  My mother-in-law is a quilter, so I thought for her 91st birthday I'd make her a quilt card.


I used paper from DCWV's Linen Closet Matstack. I cut each of the 25 squares with one of the dies from Spellbinders Classic Squares Small set, which was a lot of cutting.  (I since have purchased 3/4" and 1" square punches.)  I embossed the completed square with Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Mystic folder.


The quilt square is mounted on two pieces of cardstock, then affixed to the card base.


My sentiment is from Verve Stamps, and is cut out with an oval punch from Stampin' Up!, then layered on a larger size of oval, also from SU!  I mounted it on top of a brown ribbon using pop dots.

I have since made several other quilt blocks, which I will share soon.  These are fun and addictive!

As this post goes live (I've written it in advance), I am in my orthopedist's office, discussing knee replacement.  It's time.  And I hope the doctor will agree.  If he does, I will get the surgery as soon as possible.  Doesn't recovering from joint replacement seem like a great way to spend my summer?    (It sounds better to me than continuing in pain!)  I will let you know what happens.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW! Love this post...that card is gorgeous!
And my Mom just had knee replacement and it was a wonderful miracle for her. I'm keeping you in my prayers Ginny....count on it :)

Anonymous said...

Love the card, Ginny ! And good luck with the Dr...hope he agrees to do the knee replacement for you soon.