Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blanket

When I did my grocery shopping last Thursday, I picked up some Simply Soft Eco yarn (Caron) in "Ocean", and made this blanket.  The pattern is called Little V-Stitch Blanket and is free from Lion Brand.

I discovered that, despite my best efforts, I still crochet too tightly.  It used to be I could use a hook one size larger than the pattern called for, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  I'll be ordering some size L, M, and N hooks; I wish I could find them locally, but they apparently aren't popular enough for the stores to sell them.
The pattern calls for a picot edging, but I decided to do a shell stitch, an idea I got from checking out other crocheters' projects on Ravelry.  I think it was a much better choice.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blanket Ginny, the colour is beautiful, and it seems so very snuggly ... hugs, Jen

Heidi said...

I love this! The color is beautiful and the pattern simple and sweet with your added edge. I am a lover of these little blankets and shawls to throw over me if I get chilly. My cat loves to sit on my lap when I use an afghan. What do you do with yours?

Hugs ~
Heidi