Saturday, December 26, 2009

'Tis the Day After Christmas . . .

. . . and we'll be painting in the basement.  Our contractor has asked that we try to get everything painted - two coats plus primer - by Monday morning!  The doors will not be done, and I noticed that on the horizontal sides of the MDF that form the soffits, they had to use two pieces to cover the length of the area, and no spackling was put in the joins, so we'll leave those unpainted for now.  It took nearly four hours after everyone left on Christmas night  to vacuum the walls and ceiling of the bathroom, completely cover the shower with plastic, put paper on the floor (the vinyl has been laid, and we don't want to get any paint on it, then put up the painter's tape in the bathroom, as well as the rest of the apartment.  I am tired, and trying to unwind before going to bed.

I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with my daily posts over the weekend, but I'll be back as soon as I can to tell you about our Christmas!

No comments: