Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another Gift (Almost) Done & Cross Stitch Progress

I was chained to my sewing machine for over six hours today, and despite having to rip too many times (or is the proper term "backstitch"?), I have completed JR's pinafore except for opening the buttonholes and sewing on two buttons. Hmmm, that sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Tip of the day: I like to run a bead of Fray Check along the inside of the buttonhole before opening it to prevent fraying.

I'm still learning how to take close ups, and today's attempts failed, so I will try again tomorrow to get a picture of the actual smocking.

Here is the progress I've made on my ornament. Once I finished the holly and ivy, the stitching has gone much faster. All that's left to do is the bottom - the words "Christmas 2007" and some baskets. I may actually finish it by the end of the year!


1 comment:

~~Deby said...

Beautiful work Ginny...wow...
Deby