Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sewing In the Snow

(To the tune of "Singing in the Rain") -

I'm sewing in the snow
Just stitching in the snow
What a glorious feelin'
Like nothing I know
I'm laughing at snow
Still swirlin' around
Sew-ing's in my heart
Snow won't get me down
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the snow
It's going to blow
With needle and thread
There's nothing to dread
I'm stitchin'
and sewin' in the snow


Ok, I'm no poet (thanks to Rhyme Zone for the help!) but you get the idea. 15" - 25" of snow, blizzard conditions [Snow with winds in excess of 35 mph and visibilities of 1/4 mile or less, for an extended period of time (eg. > 3 hours)] starting late Saturday night and continuing through 7:00 am Monday. Sew, what's better to do during a blizzard than sew and stitch? I started sewing together Jamie Rae's pinafore on Thursday, made a lot of mistakes and had to rip, rip, rip, so that's on the agenda for Saturday and Sunday. I'd also like to work on my latest cross stitch ornament. Of course, if the storm isn't as severe as they say, I'll be at church Sunday night; we're supposed to have a wonderful concert by a talented pianist who is studying at the Eastman School of Music. We will see!

Walking in a winter wonderland . . .


No comments: