Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cross Stitch Start

Sarah and I went shopping this afternoon, and I got the three colors of DMC floss that I needed, so I started Woodland Sampling tonight. I've chosen 18 count Fiddler's Cloth to stitch it on. I had hoped to stitch it on 16 count fabric, but I had only one piece which wasn't quite big enough. I think the design will look quite nice nonetheless.

Sarah gave me these scissors for Christmas, as I had asked for a pair of decorative embroidery scissors. I used them for the first time tonight and they are wonderful!

If anyone is interested in buying cross stitch charts with no shipping charges (through December 31), visit Mary Kathryn at eHandcrafts. She also has a fabulous blog, The Happy Stitcher, and turns out completed projects so quickly that I'm certain she cross stitches in her sleep! Would that I could do the same.

No comments: